Sasha Talks Tech
startup stories, trends and digital lifestyle hacks
Political and social news commentator Goldie Taylor has contributed to a wide variety of media outlets including CNN and NBC.
Taylor who is extremely active on social media regularly blogs on her popular site The Goldie Taylor Project.
On Thursday, Taylor shared her secrets to blogging success with her nearly 50K followers on Twitter using the hashtag #BlogClass
Here are some of our favorite takeaways:
1. Be timely. Watch the news cycle and get in on the front-end of the conversation.
5. Know your audience (or the one you are trying to attract). If you don’t, you’ll be whistling in the dark.
10. Authenticity is everything. Don’t fake the funk. If the issue hits you personally, tell the story.
12. Don’t steal. Never plagiarize another’s work– not even tweets. It NEVER pays off. You will be caught.
19. Invest in your own domain. WordPress and other subdomains make you look like the amateur you don’t want to be.
29. A good blog is like porn. They say they don’t want to see that, but they secretly want you naked. Tell your own story.
To read more tips from Taylor...click here to check out her Twitter feed.
TECH TALK BLOG
Startup stories, tech trends, and apps curated by Tech Blogger and Digital Lifestyle Host Sasha Horne.
sasha talks tech, Sasha Horne, Silicon Beach, LA Tech, Tech LA, LA Tech Scene, Los Angeles Life, Los Angeles socialite, ABC Whodunnit, Melina Alves, Brazil, Kam Perez, Cris Cross, Dana Davis Blake, Geno Smith, Don Tayback, Dontae Mosbey, Sherri Marsh, Reality TV Star, TV Host, Los Angeles TV Host, Reporter LA, Sasha Beaufort SC, Beaufort High School Notable Alumni, College of Charleston Notable Alumni, Georgetown University Notable Alumni, Team Southern Belles, Air Force Veteran, Black Girls Tech, Black Nerds, Blerds, Black girls rock, Black girls code, Social media superstar, black tech blogger, black tech la, Black Hollywood, Tech in Motion, Tech in Motion LA, CNN Master's Fellow, CNN Graduate Fellowship, Reality TV where are they now,