Sasha Talks Tech
startup stories, trends and digital lifestyle hacks
Despite this wild winter weather that has swept across the country this week, I hope you are safe and enjoying your day.
2013 has been an incredible year, and since it’s Thanksgiving, I thought it fitting to share with you some of the things I’m most thankful for!!!!
1) My family, friends, my love, and……YOU!
I appreciate all of the emails, Tweets, Instagram comments,and Facebook messages! Though I’m not always able to reply…THANK YOU for the feedback, thank you for the critiques, and thank you for the love.
2) The people who have helped me along the way! All of you are obviously included in #1 but I believe this deserves a category of its own.
From back in the day at my very first journalism internship to those of you (you know who you are) currently investing time and energy into developing the next phase of my journalism career….I’m SO thankful for you!
3. Launching my blog…Sasha Talks Tech!
Social media and technology have always been personal interests of mine.
It’s exciting to now have this platform to share with you the buzz on all of latest apps and social media trends.
Check back each Friday for new posts, I'll be chatting with celeb's and tech innovators about the future of the web and much more. Be sure to follow me on Twitter @SashaTalksTech for updates and more.
4) Being part of the ABC “Whodunnit?“ cast. Wow! So many firsts. The first time I auditioned for a reality TV show, my first trip to Los Angeles. I am so thankful for the ENTIRE “Whodunnit?”experience.
And while of course all of the lights and cameras were fun, the thing I am most thankful for are the people I have met along the way, including my readers, “Whodunnit?” fans and my dear friend Dana who has impacted my life in ways I cannot even describe.
Stay tuned to hear more about our upcoming project #TeamSouthernBelles
5) Being invited to participate in Reality Rally...a 3-day fundraising competition where more than 100 Reality TV Stars from over 30 different shows including “Big Brother”,” Amazing Race”, and (of course) “Whodunnit?” raise funds to benefit Michelle’s Place, an organization which provides low cost and no cost services to those afflicted with breast cancer and their families.
6) Finding strength to break out of my comfort zone, step out on faith, and #dreamBIG as I prepare to move 2,000+ miles away from all of my family and friends to continue my journalism career as a freelance tech reporter and TV host in Los Angeles.
7) Finally, I’m thankful I’m able to share my journey with YOU… through a multimedia project I’m calling #SashasTechTrek
Each day, right here on my blog (as well as on my Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook)…I’ll be documenting my cross-country road trip and bringing you a sneak peek inside of emerging tech scenes from coast to coast.
I’m leaving the East coast soon and on my way to LA I could be stopping through a town near you!!!!
Stay with me here and of course my @SashaTalksTech Twitter stream for the my next stop on#SashasTechTrek
Enjoy that Turkey, Tofurkey, or whatever it is that you might be dining on today!
Until next time!
TECH TALK BLOG
Startup stories, tech trends, and apps curated by Tech Blogger and Digital Lifestyle Host Sasha Staar Horne.
sasha talks tech, Sasha Horne, Silicon Beach, LA Tech, Tech LA, LA Tech Scene, Los Angeles Life, Los Angeles socialite, ABC Whodunnit, Melina Alves, Brazil, Kam Perez, Cris Cross, Dana Davis Blake, Geno Smith, Don Tayback, Dontae Mosbey, Sherri Marsh, Reality TV Star, TV Host, Los Angeles TV Host, Reporter LA, Sasha Beaufort SC, Beaufort High School Notable Alumni, College of Charleston Notable Alumni, Georgetown University Notable Alumni, Team Southern Belles, Air Force Veteran, Black Girls Tech, Black Nerds, Blerds, Black girls rock, Black girls code, Social media superstar, black tech blogger, black tech la, Black Hollywood, Tech in Motion, Tech in Motion LA, CNN Master's Fellow, CNN Graduate Fellowship, Reality TV where are they now,